We need volunteers to make this possible!
Here are the areas we need dedicated volunteers to ensure things run smoothly and consistently:
- Collaborate with the leadership of SOMS to help develop and maintain website content and design.
- Provide creative ideas to keep the website up to date and relevant for the organization.
- Provide ideas for fundraising opportunities.
- Oversee fundraising activities.
- Help brainstorm ways to tell the SOMS story to possible donors or supporters
Social Media Manager
- Post on and manage social media accounts.
- Create ways for members and the community to engage through social media accounts.
- Instruct and encourage kids during riding lessons based on the CHA model of instruction.
- Assess completion of skills.
- Assess the horses during lessons.
- Keep kids and horses safe before, during, and after lessons.
Arena Helper (X2)
- Be in the arena to help the instructor with leading, encouraging, safety, and possibly some instruction.
Equine Education Instructor
- Provide equine education instruction on lesson days, based on the manual provided by SOMS.
- Communicate with other equine education instructors and collaborate on lessons.
Faith Lessons Instructor
- Provide a faith lesson for multiple small groups on lesson days.
- Help kids to grow in faith and their love for the Lord.
- Communicate with other instructors and collaborate on lessons.
Equine Education and Faith Lessons Floater (X4)
- Be an “extra” adult present in the groups to help manage the kids, and provide the lead instructor help, if/when needed.